Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gorakhpur University
The university is offering International Fellowships to attract talented international students and to encourage them towards a global perspective of education.
Number per year - 17 Fellowships (to be increased to 50 gradually)
Scholarship details for FYI 2021-2022
International Research Students - 02 Fellowships @ Rs. 1,00,000/- per annum for three years.
Meritorious students from foreign countries pursuing their Ph.D. at Gorakhpur University, to be selected by a committee constituted for the purpose.
International U.G./P.G. Students – 10 Fellowships @ Rs.80,000/- per year.
Meritorious students from foreign countries pursuing their studies at Gorakhpur University, to be selected based on merit cum means by a committee constituted for the purpose.
Indian Research Students for International research visit – 05 Fellowships.
Which constitutes following components:
- (a) Travel Grant at actuals up to a maximum of Rs.1,00,000/-
- (b) Sustenance fund @ $1000/- per month for a maximum duration of six months.
- (c) Contingency $1000/- for 3 months stay and $2000/- for full 6 month stay.
Bright research students to be selected based on performance and acceptance from a foreign host.
Annually Indian government offers scholarships under GSS scheme for international students belonging to certain Asian, African and Latin American countries, interested and eligible candidates can apply before deadline at http://www.iccr.gov.in…
Government of India is offering scholarships under General Scholarship Scheme (GSS) for undergraduate, postgraduate and research program at Indian universities. Scholarships for students in the field of medical studies for MBBS, BDS or for medical research leading to a Ph.D degree are not offered under the GSS scheme, as mode of instruction in Indian universities is English, so the candidates should have good proficiency in the language. General Scholarship Scheme (GSS) is provided to the foreign students under ICCR norms.
Field of study:
Scholarships are available to candidates in any of the courses offered by the university, except in the Medical stream.
Stipend and duration:
The selected candidate will be given a grant that includes living Allowance Per Month, house Rent allowance, Contingent Grant per annum, thesis and dissertation expenses for once in entire duration of course, medical Benefits where all the above stipends are different for different courses.
Eligibility criteria for General Scholarship Scheme 2021-22 (GSS) for Foreign Students in India
The following are the criteria an applicant must possess :-
- Applying candidates should hold a degree from the respective stream and equivalent professional course in the same discipline obtained from any accredited university.
- Applicants of General scholarship scheme scholarship should have English proficiency as they should demonstrate good language skills.
- Candidate should have good writing and speaking skills in English language.
- The selection to the program will be provisional until the candidate furnishes the required documents and testimonials, including the final results of the qualifying examination at the time of admission.
- If you have appeared in a qualifying examination and the result thereof is awaited, you can take provisional admission.
- However, in all circumstances, you shall have to submit the result in the university latest by October 31, except where Regulatory Council’s norms prescribe otherwise.
- Attach self-certified copies of your mark sheets/testimonials with the application form. At this stage, do not send any original copies of mark-sheets/ testimonials.
- Paste your latest photograph in the space provided in the application form.
- Before submitting/mailing the duly filled-up application form, go through all the points contained in the form.
- Involvement of candidate in any form of criminal activities debars the candidate from seeking admission in any program of the university. Concealment of information on this account will lead to cancellation of admission, if detected subsequently.
- If any document/declaration submitted by the candidate is found to be false/ forged at any stage, his or her admission shall be canceled and he/she may be liable for prosecution under law.
* For further information please follow the terms and condition of the concerning countries/ institutional MOUs.